Tuesday, March 6, 2012

I am having a bbq this weekend for my daughters b-day at the park and I plan on just doing hot dogs and burgers, but what can I serve with them? I don't really like potato salad or mac salad, I figured I could do a fruit salad, maybe some chips...but feel like I missing something. Any suggestions of a good side to serve?|||I somewhat agree with the person who said that your other guests might be expecting the traditional pasta and potato salad to accompany the hot dogs and hamburgers you are making so it might be worth it to have those on hand for your guests despite your dislike... However, in addition to the hot dogs and hamburgers maybe you could have some corn, coleslaw, watermelon, a good green salad and maybe corn bread plus something fun for dessert like a fresh peach cobbler and ice cream cake.

If mayo is the reason you dont like pasta and potato salad there are a few great recipe's out there for both pasta and potato salad that are olive oil based.

Enjoy the party!|||You're going to have to appeal to the masses here...:D....and I'm going to guess that since you don't like eating potato salad or mac salad, you won't enjoy making them either!...so: here's what to do>>>get as many boxes that you need of those "Suddenly Salad"s to make up a pasta salad (little cooking and everything is there for you to complete the salad). Just pick a flavor you think your guests would like best.

Then add some baked beans (easy...they come in cans!) Bring along some chips, pickles, olives

For the fruit...just slice up some watermelon wedges--can bring it there to do it, too. Get a seedless one.|||i like the idea of hot dogs, burgers, and chips and fruit platter. serve the chips and fruit while people are waiting for the hot dogs and burgers to be cook. and then have cake after. get a Frisbee and a ball so people can do stuff. depending on how old your daughter is.|||The sides you don't like are what everyone else is expecting. People don't really care for fruit salad at a BBQ, they are expecting more hearty fare. I would be irritated if there was only fruit salad and chips.|||Cole slaw, pasta salad, baked beans, and the potato and mac for everyone else. My mom made a pea salad, but I've found that I'm the only one who likes it. Jello salad or a fluff?|||mac salad, fresh homefries, baked beans, mac n cheese|||Yeah, you should have something else. How about a pasta salad with fresh veggies in it or baked beans?|||Maybe some pork and beans or ranch style beans

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment