Saturday, March 3, 2012

I had a bbq and invited my neighbors, my friend who is out of a job soon has a part time job selling insurance. He greets my neighbors and after awhile starts to sell him insurance. I feel it's kind of tacky and embarrassing if my neighbor would think I invited them to a bbq just to sell them something. What do you think?|||While I can appreciate his financial dilemma and the need to make a living, he was wrong to do this to your guests. There is a time and place for everything. I would have pulled him aside and asked him politely to discontinue the behavior. This was a party and people want to relax and have fun at parties, not feel they have been set up to buy.|||i'm not really sure, but I'd say if he just brings it up, its okay, but if he gets pushy about it then that is definately not ok|||very. i've seen people do this at the bar too.
fail!|||Yes very tacky. I would have been mortified.|||That is tacky. Parties are for having fun and socializing, not making business deals.|||Yes, that's pretty tacky.|||Its out right rude.|||Yes, i think it is tacky. Even in this recession there is a time and place for sales.|||gt a make a living somehow. Personally i draw the line at church|||does it matter?|||I would throw him over the back fence into the DUMPSTER.|||Very tacky and a little rude. Though he probably didn't think he was being either.. he may be in a pinch and REALLY need the commission.|||with the bad economy i guess its ok... you got to do what you gotta do to survive. I guess it is kind of tacky...|||You should probably tell your friend in the nicest way possible that it's not a good thing to do at a party. It puts the people at the party in an awkward situation. You can either tell him, or never talk to him again. you choose.|||I agree. Somebody invited me to a party several years ago and tried to sell me Amway. I ate, drank a beer or two and left.|||Yeah, it sounds kind of inappropriate. He could have just told them what he does for a living (when they asked) and given them a business card in case they needed insurance. He should have left it at that and not done a sales pitch!|||tacky and desperate..|||Yes it is! I sell insurance and I would nevre do that. There is a time and place for everything and a BBQ isn't it.|||Yes Its tacky but the poor guy is just trying to earn a living and is desperate and seen your bbq as a great opportunity. He really should have asked you first before embarrassing you or your guests. next time he is invited ask him to leave business at home. that the reason for the bbq is to have everyone have a good time and not feel pressured or under any stress. & that the bbq wasnt about him.|||Extremely tacky. I would tell him so and never invite him over again. I would apologize to your neighbors and assure them that you were not making any commissions but you would have to prove that to me first before I welcomed you as a neighbor. I would never trust you. I imagine your next guests would be used car sales people, attorneys, or financial advisors.|||Tacky! He needs to hold his own BBQ if he wants to do a 'Salesman's Supper'.

He'll likely be friendless as well as jobless if he isn't careful.|||100% wrong for him to do that.|||I agree! At the VERY most, he could have taken some business cards along and, IF anyone asked about his job situation and then shown any interest when he said he was selling insurance, he could have given that person a card so that they could discuss the matter further some other time.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment