Tuesday, March 6, 2012

I'm having a bbq this pm and yesterday I purchased ready made, high quality hamburgers. They come thawed and you can freeze them is you want for a later date. I'm wondering if I should put them in the freezer in order to make them easier to bbq. Mly husband says it doesn't matter but he's not a pro so I thought I'd ask you people for input. thanks. ps. I called the number on the package but of course they don't work today.|||It's a tossup either way. Many recipe websites have recipes for both frozen and thawed patties.

You are probably going to get responses here that conflict with one another but I really think it's a matter of personal preference and convenience.

For myself, I prefer making my hamburgers fresh, but it's important to make the patties firm enough so they don't fall apart on the grill. In that respect the frozen is much easier to work with. I always keep some patties in the freezer just in case guests drop by or I'm hosting something and won't have time to make them that day.

Just make sure they are thoroughly cooked before serving.|||You absolutely do not want to freeze them!|||I would say thawed as if frozen in my opinion you will get uneven cooking and may even burn...|||Do not cook them frozen. You risk having meat that is undercooked and overcooked at the same time.
I don't buy store hamburger meat - I grind my own but I would not freeze the burgers first.|||Well Uhm in the store they have the burgers in the boxes frozen and ya can grill them right from the box so why certainly ya sure can.|||Meat should NOT be grilled cold! Even if it's been in the refrigerator, you need to take it out about 1/2 hr. before grilling......It won't cook correctly if you put cold meat onto a hot grill|||I'd say that you should BBQ them thawed so that they will cook faster. But that's just me. Also, the only reason you should freeze them is to make them at a later date. Not to sound cocky but if ice cream were ment to be eaten warm, it wouldnt come frozen, do you see my point? So i say dont freeze them, just freeze what you dont cook so you can have them later.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment