Friday, March 9, 2012

I love making bbq chicken wings, but somehow I always mess it up.

I have some "brown sugar bbq sauce" I bought at a local store and some chicken wings. I know I'll probably need some other ingredients. I am thinking of cooking them in my toaster oven(I have a big toaster oven that has a "grill" function.

Any good bbq chicken wings recipes that are easy for a beginner like me? Thanks.|||spread the wings out on the tray. Bake about 30 minutes at 350F. Turn and bake about another 15 minutes. Baste with the BBQ sauce when you turn them over.|||Wing Zzzingers



Sauce:
2 cups Red Hot hot sauce
2 cups brown sugar
2 tablespoons vinegar (Steve uses white vinegar with jalepeno peppers, onions, etc.)
Stick of butter
Combine ingredients and warm on stove or in microwave, then put in spray bottle and set aside.
Seasonings:
1/4 cup black pepper
1/4 cup garlic, minced
1/2 cup Italian seasoning
1/4 cup chili powder
1/4 cup paprika
1/4 cup dried rosemary
2 tablespoons of red pepper (more or less to taste)


The above should be enough for 7 or 8 pounds of wings. Rinse and drain 7 to 8 pounds wings. Pour some of the Red Hot hot sauce over them, and toss. Add seasoning mixture (above) until generously coated. You will lose some in the cooking, so don't skimp! Place the wings on a gas grill (or smoker) and slow cook them at a low temperature. After 20 minutes baste/mist with sprayer at least every 10 minutes. Flip them after you mist them. Total cooking time should be around 1 1/2 to 3 hours, depending on the heat of the grill. They're done when they break at the joint or you can break the wing tip off.|||This would be an E-Z....simple recipe for a beginning cook.

Enjoy!!


Cola Chicken

1 family size package chicken wings
2 cup catsup
2 - 12oz. can cola (pepsi, coke, etc.)
2- packages McCormicks Buffalo wings seasoning

Put chicken in a non-stick pan.
Mix together catsup and cola, seasoning鈥?pour over chicken.
Bring to a boil.
Reduce heat鈥over with lid..and cook 45 minutes.
(turning chicken a few times, while cooking...to prevent from
sticking to pan)
Cook until the sauce becomes thick and adheres to the chicken.

It turns into the most incredible BBQ sauce. Yummmm!

I used the spices from a MILD (I don't care for "HOT") Buffalo
Wings packet...(the kind you get to bake in the oven).....I thought it
was really good.....(but you/I can't find a 'bad' way to fix chicken).

This recipe is doubled鈥?.for my husband and myself鈥 use 陆 the ingredients.

You can double鈥he double鈥?and more as you like.


BBQ Ribs

Use the same method (Cola Chicken)鈥?leave out McCormicks seasoning.

Ribs & Chicken wings both good鈥?.and鈥︹€︹€榮 I m p l e鈥欌€?.to fix鈥?!|||First be sure to cook the chicken. Add the sauce the last few minutes of cooking to allow for carmelization.
This works with all types of chicken wings except fried.
Add a bit of cayenne pepper to your brown sugar sauce to kick it up a notch.|||Marinade them in honey, soy and oil and shove under the grill, turning occasionally.
I had some as nibbles last night with a beer, and they were fantastic.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment