Friday, March 9, 2012

Single woman here -- no grilling experience, but willing to learn... I'm mechanically retarded and flunked girl scout fire building... What do I want to look for in an outdoor BBQ? Are there any brands in particular I should look for? If you don't help me out, I'll just buy the most expensive 'cause I don't know any better........... hep me, hep me!|||I have a Chargrill horizontal smoker grill, which I bought as a single woman, and I LOVE it. It's a great grill because it's versatile: I can use it as a charcoal grill, a wood fire grill, or a smoker grill. With this type of grill, you could start with the easiest cooking techniques (charcoal) and move up to the more difficult teachniques (smoking) once you become more familiar with grilling. With a chimney style charcoal lighter, it's also very easy to get the fire going and form some nice coals, even if you're not an expert fire maker. I have a gas grill too, which is easier to cook with, but the food isn't nearly as good. Food cooked over gas just doesn't have the same flavor as food cooked over charcoal or wood. Since I bought the smoker grill, I rarely use the gas grill.

If you're new to BBQing, I recommend Steven Raichlen's book How to BBQ. It covers techniques and recipes for cooking several different types of meat, veggies, and other things on the grill. The descriptions are very well written and easy to follow. It's an excellent reference book, or a great instruction book if you don't have a lot of experience grilling.

Have fun with your new grill!|||webber|||any ones really good to cook on.........but its the baby rays sauce that makes it great......|||One-Touch Weber! It's the best in my opinion!|||Big Green Egg smoker/grill is the best|||Fiesta is a good one..simle to work no fancy buttons just on/off switch...|||Kraft Original BBQ Sauce

The Honey Kraft Sauce is very good too.

it all depends what you like|||Masterpiece.... Guaranteed to be a hit....|||it depends what you'll be cooking with.

there's charcoal, propane, and the ever tasty smoking with wood. that one's a little tough, so let's reserve smoking til you're more comfortable with the fine art of bbq.

next, determine how many people you'll be feeding with this thing. if you plan on doing it regular or are going to be feeding a lot of people, go with a bigger one.

if it'll just be a couple people at a time or maybe just you and a friend, i'd go smaller. perhaps just go with an hibachi or a smaller weber til you get the hang of starting fires and cooking on a grill.

also if you go with charcoal, be sure to get a chimney starter. it's a metal device that you put charcoal in one end, wadded up newspaper in the other, you light the newspaper and that lights the charcoal. it's maybe a couple dollars and can be bought where you'll buy your grill. (tip: spray some oil on the newspaper (just a little will do) before you put it in the chimney starter and it'll act like a wick and be more efficient.

you won't go from 0-60 in one summer, but it's great that you're open and ready to learn. when you get to the store, don't be afraid to ask dumb questions of your grill salesman, he's probably heard much much worse and his job is to help you.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment