Friday, March 9, 2012

I had awesome pulled pork sandwhiches the other day at this festival and I so want to make them. I've looked online and in my cookbooks for recipes but all I can find is bbq ones and this did not have a bbq flavor at all.

Does anyone know of any type of recipe like this? Preferably something easy that I can throw in the crockpot with simple ingredients. Someone had mentioned to me that they'd had something similar that had cola as an ingredient.

Any ideas?|||Use this recipe to cook your pork in crock pot until fork tender.

Cola Chicken

1 family size package chicken wings
2 cup catsup
2 - 12oz. can cola (pepsi, coke, etc.)
2- packages McCormicks Buffalo wings seasoning

Put chicken in a non-stick pan.
Mix together catsup and cola, seasoning鈥?pour over chicken.
Bring to a boil.
Reduce heat鈥over with lid..and cook 45 minutes.
(turning chicken a few times, while cooking...to prevent from
sticking to pan)
Cook until the sauce becomes thick and adheres to the chicken.

It turns into the most incredible BBQ sauce. Yummmm!

I used the spices from a MILD (I don't care for "HOT") Buffalo
Wings packet...(the kind you get to bake in the oven).....I thought it
was really good.....(but you/I can't find a 'bad' way to fix chicken).

This recipe is doubled鈥?.for my husband and myself鈥 use 陆 the ingredients.

You can double鈥he double鈥?and more as you like.


BBQ Ribs

Use the same method (Cola Chicken)鈥?leave out McCormicks seasoning.

Ribs & Chicken wings both good鈥?.and鈥︹€︹€榮 I m p l e鈥欌€?.to fix鈥?!


POT ROAST
Your choice of beef or pork(to fit crock-pot)
1 pkg. dry Ranch dressing mix
1 pkg. dry Italian dressing mix
1 pkg. dry Brown Gravy mix
1 cup water
Put beef in pot.
Mix together all the dry mixes鈥?then add water 鈥our over meat and cover & cook on high 4-6 hours.
Until meat is tfork tender.....pu;; apart.
The first time I made it I didn鈥檛 have the Italian Dressing mix鈥?so I added a pkg. of Onion Soup Mix鈥?I have to say I liked that better.

Find more quick 鈥?simple 鈥?E-Z 鈥?few ingredient鈥?recipes鈥t E-Z Cookin鈥?group:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/e-zcookin/

Lots of interesting 鈥榮tuff鈥?in files & links鈥ome join & check it out.

Pat in Indiana鈥?

pmsbar2@att.net|||Pulled Pork

8 ounces or 3/4 cup molasses
12 ounces pickling salt
2 quarts bottled water
6 to 8 pound Boston butt

Rub:
1 teaspoon whole cumin seed
1 teaspoon whole fennel seed
1 teaspoon whole coriander
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 tablespoon paprika

Combine molasses, pickling salt, and water in 6 quart Lexan. Add Boston butt making sure it is completely submerged in brine, cover, and let sit in refrigerator for a minimum of 8 hours. 12 hours is ideal.
Place cumin seed, fennel seed, and coriander in food grinder and grind fine. Transfer to a small mixing bowl and stir in chili powder, onion powder, and paprika.

Remove Boston butt from brine and pat dry. Sift the rub evenly over the shoulder and then pat onto the meat making sure as much of the rub as possible adheres. More rub will adhere to the meat if you are wearing latex gloves during the application.

Preheat smoker to 210 degrees F. Place butt in smoker and cook for 10 to12 hours, maintaining a temperature of 210 degrees F. Begin checking meat for doneness after 10 hours of cooking time. Use fork to check for doneness. Meat is done when it falls apart easily when pulling with a fork. Once done, remove from pot and set aside to rest for at least 1 hour. Pull meat apart with 2 forks and serve as sandwich with coleslaw and dressing as desired.|||buy a pork shoulder, put a couple of dolops of lard in a pan, place the pork on the lard, season with garlic pwdr, salt, pep, paprika, put in the oven at 300 degrees, let it slow cook for about 4 to 5 hrs, basting every half hour, the meat will fall apart, there you go, pulled pork without the b.b. enjoy.|||well you can cook a pork roast any way you like, and if you cook it until it is completely tender, you can pull it. I like to cook one in the crock pot and flavor it with whatever I feel like. When it is done, you can "pull" it with two forks. I like garlic and butter with pork

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment