Tuesday, March 6, 2012

I am having a bbq fro the 1st time this year. I found that the bbq rack which will hold the meat is rusty. It hasn't been used in 1/2 years. I have cleaned it but it obviously still has rust on the bars. Is this safe to cook meat on for my guests?|||Not really. You can buy a new rack without buying an entirely new grill, at any home store. Places like Home Depot, Walmart or Target should have them in their seasonal department for around $20 or so. Better to replace it. Other wise, you'll need to use foil, and the food won't taste nearly as good.|||Yes it's fine - but if you're worried why not cover it in tin foil?|||yes|||I'm not a doctor but I do BBQ fairly frequently. When I've had rusty racks, I scrub them will steel wool to get rid of the rust and then rub the metal underneath with cooking oil.
Hope this helps.|||Well if it's going to get rust on your food why use it? Go buy a new grill piece for it, or cover it in foil but make sure you cut holes in that.|||No...would YOU eat off of it? Go buy a new rack at a store like Academy or LOWES....OR at a camping/sporting goods store, you can buy disposable racks for campers. They lay right on top of your grill rack. That way the food doesn't touch.|||It will be safe. After all, rust is oxidized iron. I would be more concerned with how the food I cook on it will taste. If the grill rack is that rusty, you may want to find one to replace it. That rust could impart a metallic tang to the food some might not like.|||yes.. if the metal under the rust is bad quality, you can get lead poisoning. i'd say measure the rusty meat rack and go out to find a rack the same size.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment