Saturday, March 3, 2012

1) Is pork butt and/or pork shoulder a high-fat cut of pork? I've heard pork can be lean, but is that cut especially high in fat?
Is one less fat than the other?

2) Is one better than the other for making bbq pulled pork?

|||Pork butt and pork shoulder are the same thing. It is a very high fat cut of meat, but that is what makes it so tender and flavorful. You can pick off a lot of the fat easily after it is cooked. Pork tenderloin has no fat and does not shred like the butt does. The tenderloin cost about 3 to 4 dollars more per pound than the butt. I always use pork butt for BBQ pulled pork.|||I use pork shoulder. I think the bone in the meat lends to great results. Made one this past Saturday for a family celebration, it was my Mom's birthday. I roasted my pork for 3 1/2 hours at 325 degrees. The pork shoulder was 6 pounds and I trimmed at least 1/2 pound of fat. You just want to leave about 1/2 layer of fat or less. Helps with the flavor and not that harmful to the waist line:-)
Here is my recipe:
http://www.cooking-is-easy-and-fun.com/B鈥?/a>|||I just made bbq pulled pork for dinner last night. I let it simmer in the slow cooker all day. It was sooooo good!! Anyway, I used a pork tenderloin. It worked beautifully. The tenderloin is a better cut of meat and lower in fat.

I think my tenderloin cost me about $7, it was on sale. And could easily feed 4 people. And it DID SHRED!|||pork shoulder is best for making pulled pork
cook it low 250 and long (liek 5-6 hours) in oven so the meat pulls easy with 2 forks

had it once made with pork loin and it was dry! shoulder has the right amount of fat!|||I've always made it with the butt. It is higher in fat than, say, chops but that is why it is so good.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment