Friday, February 24, 2012

I have been making my own BBQ sauce for years and many people have told me I should sell it because it tastes so good. I don't know much about how to go about doing this. I have the recipe down and it is very quick and easy to make. Anyone have any experience with something like this or know how I should get started?|||I was reading a biz article a year or so ago and recall it costs a name brand (i.e. something already known to consumers who actually buy the stuff -- steady sellers, in other words) $60,000 per store just to get them to carry the product and stock it on store shelves. Unknowns cannot buy shelf space at any price.

You also have to beware food & drug regulations, food safety concerns, etc. with any sort of consumable item, and it will cost you a fortune to get commercial liability insurance -- but you cannot start a biz without that, it is crucial!

You cannot ramp up production or sign a contract with a food processing facility until you are selling a million units a year or more. Start small. Do you want to start with locally-owned & operated BBQ restaurants (you can't get into chains yet)? Do you think you could sell it by the gallon to them? Or do you want to sell directly to consumers by the pint or quart? Start with selling at food fairs, trade shows, auto & boat show food stands, crafts fairs.

And watch the movie "Baby Boom" with Diane Keaton several times!

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment