Wednesday, February 29, 2012

I normally use standard Charcoal briquettes in my BBQ. I know some people use 100% wood charcoal. Where can I find this? And what is it like to use?|||It's called "lump charcoal". Walmart has it. It burns alot hotter than briquetes and makes food taste better but doesn't last quite as long. Try it. I think you will like it!|||charcoal is beter use the right stuff|||we go round up some wood off our property (we live on 3 wooded acres). we use kindling to start the fire, then larger pieces we break up into smaller pieces to keep the fire or coals warm to cook over. i like using hickory and cedar wood myself, but any wood actually makes for a good flavor when cooking.|||Yes, it's called Lump charcoal. It will burn hotter and longer, but not as evenly as briquettes. You should be able to find it at your local hardware store and some supermarkets.

Be sure to use a chimney starter to light lump charcoal.|||Absolutely! You need to make sure the wood is cured properly before using it though or it will be nasty.

The basic rule of thumb is any tree that produces nuts or berries is suitable for cooking over/with. Hickory, cherry, apple, mulberry, oak, etc.

NEVER use pine or any thing similar to it. YEUCCH!|||A BRAND CALLED "RANCHER" 100% HADRWOOD CHARCOAL BRIQUETTES. NO TAR LIKE IN KINGSFORD.THEY BURN LONGER THAN KINGSFORD ALSO. START IT IN A BBQ "CHIMNEY" WITH NEWSPAPER FOR NO LIGHTER FLUID TASTE.

HOME DEPOT FOR AROUND $4.00 A BAG. I HAVE 23 BAGS RIGHT NOW.

I USE THESE IN BBQ COMPETITIONS.

I ALSO US "LUMP" HARDWOOD CHARCOAL. IT WORKS BETTER FOR SLOW COOKING SUCH AS SMOKING THAN FOR GRILLING. GREASE DRIPPING FROM CHICKEN COOLS IT DOWN MORE THAN THE HARDWOOD BRIQUETTES.

GOOD LUCK

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment