Wednesday, February 29, 2012

I'm having smoked southern BBQ pork, chicken and brisket at my wedding. Which wines would go best with this? I like sweet wines, I don't really know much about wine and the only kind I've liked was Barefoot Moscato but I don't know if that wine would go well with BBQ. I want a red and a white wine that is very inexpensive.|||Fruity and sweeter wines will go well with BBQ. Many of your guests may not be familiar with wines, and they will likely prefer sweeter wines. A Moscato is probably too sweet. For mainstream white wines, try Rieslings or Chardonnays. For red wines, check out shiraz or merlot.

I don't know where you live, but if you live in the southwest U.S., Trader Joe's or Fresh & Easy have excellent cheap wine selections, with a case of bottles of decent wine selling for less than $30. If you don't, go to a liquor store or wine seller and ask for advice.

A last idea is to make sangria. You can make it with red or white wine, it uses less wine, you can use inexpensive wines, and I think it would go very well with BBQ while being more casual than regular wine. I suggest you make sangria (look online in allrecipes.com for recipes) rather than buy it pre-bottled.|||Since you like sweeter wines, my suggestions would be White Zinfandel, G Wine aka Gewurztraminer, White Riesling, Chenin Blanc, Muscat Cannelli.

Since you like sweeter whites then suggesting a dry red wine would be wrong. My suggestion is Concord grape wine like Manishewitz or Mogen David

Just remember, the most important thing about wines, is that you buy and drink what YOU like.|||BBQ has a powerful taste and you would need wines that are capable of standing up to it. You might do better to serve beer. You might get aficionados of Two-Buck Chuck looking down their noses but a good beer can have more complexity to it than a cheap wine has. Tell any snobs where they can put the beer bottle (even if you have service from kegs). A brown or a scottish ale might be good.|||I would give Yellow Tail (from Australia) a try. MUCH better for the price than Barefoot.
For the red .. I recommend YT shiraz, or merlot.|||Boones Farm Wild Island............ Just kidding hope it all turns out good for your wedding!

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment