Tuesday, February 21, 2012

I want to BBQ the potatoes with my meat and veggies on skewers. The kebabs take only a few minutes to cook and I know potatoes can take a while, so should I boil them first or prepare them in any way before I put them on the skewers? |||Not easy because the potatoes will take much longer to cook than the meat and veggies. Use the small potatoes or "salt" potatoes.
I suggest you boil them first but don't over cook them. You still want them firm enough to stay on the skewer through the grilling process.

Personally...I wouldn't grill them. I wrap my potatoes (cut) in foil with a little onion and butter and putting the little packets on the grill. |||All the answers were super helpful! Thank you for answering! :)

Report Abuse

|||I scrub the potatoes with water and a nylon scrub brush. Poke the potatoes with a fork 2 to 3 times on each side brush with olive oil (VERY Little!) wrap in a piece of foil just enough to completely cover the potato. Skewer a couple of potatoes per Steel Skewer and put them on the grill about 15 ~ 20 minutes before your kabobs. The potatoes should be done at the same time. Move the potato skewers to the edge of the grill when you put the kabobs on! Good luck!|||Using small potatoes, I would microcook whole potatoes first - just to get them started. Then I would half them and keep them separate on their own skewers. Potatoes take a long time to cook through on a grill.|||You probably need quite small chunks and i would probably par-boil them for a few minutes first as it can take a while for potatoes to cook through|||potatoes are better off done in a grill basket for two reasons:
Different grilling time
They tend to break and fall off the skewer

火车采集器
  • gas mileage
  • little ceasars
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment