Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Ok - on sunday I did a spatchcock chicken on the gas bbq. Huge success - however, I like roast beef on a Sunday. Can I cook a rib roast on the bbq? If so, how long will it take and how do I get it cooked all the way through? Have you any nice recipes for a roast beef marinade and finally - how will I make the gravy if I won't have the juices in the roasting tin?|||Contrary to the other answer, you can roast on a bbq, but you need to have the right type. Your gas one probably won't do it. I have a weber kettle bbq, and it is designed to do normal grilling as well as roasting.

Bascially, when you roast, you build up 2 little fires on opposite sides of the bbq, leaving the centre clear for a tin foil drip tray. With the coals laid out in this manner, you can put a large roasting joint in the centre, put the lid on, and the bbq will act as an oven rather than a grill. I've not done a joint of beef before, but I have done three roast chickens at once, and also a large leg of lamb. It is called the indirect method.

A good size joint will take about an hour and twenty minutes.

You have a drip tray (which you need to stop the inside of your bbq getting messed up, and also stop the fat catching fire) so you still keep the juices for your gravy|||I haven't done a rib roast on a BBQ but I have done a rump roast on a BBQ. Brown on the grill grate first, then (this is what I did and it worked well) I turned off the back burner, wrapped the roast in double foil, moved wrapped roast to back of gas grill and, if I recall, it took about 2 hours for a 3 lb. roast. It was absolutely delish! You have to watch it closely tho and I did use a meat thermometer which I inserted by puncturing the foil and then putting it in the roast. I removed the thermometer, sealed the hole I made and did this about every 1/2 hour. This seems like a lot of work, but it really isn't. You could also put it in a disposable foil pan which you can purchase anywhere, and you won't lose any of the natural juices just in case they should leak out. I will do it again. Just watch it closely tho.|||Rub a rump roast with olive oil, a decent mustard and coarse black pepper. Place on high heat for 15 mi, per side to seal, and then remove to low heat BBQ (I use an Argentinean Assado grill for this). BBQ for about 1 鈥?1.5 hours for a 6 lbs roast for medium, turning 2 times.

I serve it with this salmoriglio herb sauce http://www.outdoor-cooking.com/salmorigl鈥?/a>

and baked potatoes. Just great|||What Arlene Said, you can do it on a BBQ, put at back wrapped, you can put a tray under it, leave flames on on other part of BBQ, turn to low and shut lid, be patient, it works so well, also you can do a boned shoulder of lamb that has been marinated in lemon garlic & fresh rosemary it works just as well!|||If you do it on the bbq it's ten to one the outside will get burnt and the inside will be raw.
Do it the sensible way - CHEAT!
Do it properly in an oven first, then pretend it's been barbecued by bringing it out under the covers ! ! !|||you can't roast beef on a bbq.. to roast you need an oven.. you can only barbecue beef on a bbq|||mmmm. sounds good- can i come to bbq/ lol

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment