Friday, February 3, 2012

Does anyone have a good recipe for bbq sauce? I'm making pork bbq in the crock pot, and I want a really delicious sauce to go with it. Nothing too spicy, as my 3 and 2 year old sons will be eating it as well!|||I whipped up some last night as I didn't have any. This is what I did:

1 sm can tomato paste
3 TBS molasses
2 TBS maple syrup
4 TBS dijon mustard
2 TBS mustard powder
1 Tsp onion salt
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 cup water
2-3 TBS olive oil
salt & pepper to taste

You could also add a dash of worchestshire, and you could do all dijon if you don't have the powder.

If you don't have molasses and/or maple syrup, add a few TBS of brown sugar. You could also add a few drops of liquid smoke if you like that smoky flavor.

This version isn't spicy at all.

I just mixed it all in a sauce pan over medium low heat, until it was heated through.

If it's too thick, add more water and/or oil.

This made a little over a cup of sauce, so double if needed.|||good answer.

http://www.bbq-book.com/?hop=ammar2009

Report Abuse

|||Very simple recipe, 11/2 cups of catsup- 1/4 cup brown suger-1/4 cup of your kids favourite jam or jelly- small pan bring to medium heat stir untill brown sugar is dissolved turn off -serve as condiment after slow cooking of meat is complete.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment