Monday, February 6, 2012

Everytime i cook some meat (especially pork and beef) in the BBQ it comes out kind of hard, tough to chew. I marinade it beforehand eventhough not for long. Should i be marinading it for longer, or something else i should do to soften up the meat before cooking it? Any tips? I'm talking about the typical porkchops, ribs, etc... Thanks|||Pre-cooking by boiling makes almost any meat more tender, especially ribs.|||What my mother does is she puts her meat in a big roasting pan, along with the marinade, and sticks that on the grill. I have no idea how that makes her more tender, I guess because it sits in the juice longer...|||My Granny always boled her meat for a minute before she stuck it on the grill. So tender it fell off the bone!|||I try to marinade the meat 24 hours before cooking. I season with a dry rub then put the meat in a ziplock. Dump the marinade in the ziplock and seal it.

I cook on a low heat, basting the meat everytime I turn it. It takes a little longer, but gives you an even cook.

Between the marinade soaking in the ziplock and basting it when you turn, that should get you what you are looking for.

Hope that helps. Happy grilling.|||cook it slower|||Marinade for 24hrs and slow cook over mesquite.|||Three words: low and slow. Low heat, long cooking time. You can marinate it if you want, the longer, the better. The marinade will seep into the meat and the flavor will go all through the meat. For ribs, I like to make a dry rub, rub that all through the meat, chill overnight. Then I roast them in the oven until they're done. Then I get some really good BBQ sauce (I make my own or use Sweet Baby Ray's) and brush that on the meat. Then I set my oven to broil and roast the ribs some more until the sauce thickens. I hope this helps you out a little. Happy cooking!|||You are either cooking it at too high of a temperature, or you are cooking it for too long. It should only be cooked (for pork) until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees. The longer you cook meat, the tougher it is going to be. Personally, I think you are cooking it too long for porkchops and at too high a temp for the ribs. You want to slow cook ribs for them to be tender, and that means lowering your temperature to around 300 to 325 degrees.|||cook it at a much lower temperature ....that should help...cooking meat to high makes it tough and it loses it's flavor as well..also you should never cook "cold" meat...just out of the fridge...it should be room temp...so as not to shock it.|||Have the butcher or do it yourself remove that papery tissue on the bone side of the ribs. Boil them in vinegar & water & ALWAYS, ALWAYS cook them LOW & SLOWWWWWWWWW!!!! Gas tends to dry, so if you can, use briquettes. I prefer to use apple wood pellets for the smoking process.

My brother likes to boil his ribs in a strong ale before smoking them. I also do NOT add salt to the raw meat nor do I add the sauce to early. I usually add that after most of the cooking is finished. There are MANY MANY different techniques, play around with it.|||i have always boiled the ribs, etc for about 15 mins then marinate for a couple hours in what ever sauce u choose mixed with mountain dew i know it sounds weird but the butcher told me to do so and it works really WELL....hope this helps ya|||I cook ribs in a slow cooker for about 6-8 hours and then throw them on the grill for about 15 minutes. That is when I add the sauce.|||Cook it overnight in a crock pot. Take the meat out, shred it, remove all fat, and then add your bbq sauce. You won't get it any more tender than this!

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment