Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Grocery store brand bbq sauce in a plastic bottle that has been used but re capped? I have half a bottle in my fridge that has at least been there for a year. Just haven't needed to use it in awhile. Is it still ok? It says best if used by on the bottle, but it does not have a date anywhere listed on it.|||BBQ sauce is no different than ketchup, just different seasonings.
Unless it was cross contaminated with bread crumbs or meat juices or something like that, I would think it would still be good.
Take a look at it. do the sniff test.
Sauces like that have vinegar, salt, sugar and other things in them and ALL those items are preservatives.
Can't see it spoiling at all.|||I tend to have BBQ sauce forever too. I use it and have never had a problem. I pour what I am going to use in a sauce pot, and bring it to just a boil and freshen it up with other ingredients like tomato sauce or ketchup, honey, maple syrup, beer, mustard, molasses, onion powder, something..lol|||Commercial BBQ sauce has a lot of vinegar, sugar and preservatives. It might be OK, just taste it. It might not be super fresh, good for dumping over a pork roast in a slow cooker, cover with sliced onion and slow cook.|||Months possibly years.

I moved into this place about 12 months ago and had to buy all of those kinds of things and lately I have been through all of those things and 'None' have gone off.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment