Friday, February 17, 2012

I ask this because a couple of my friends are planning an end-of-exam party - a BBQ by the poolside. (With no adult supervision). I think its a ridiculous idea, and we have the propensity to do stilly things, but they all disagree with me and think its harmless fun. What do you think, and why?|||14-year-olds need adult supervision for a "BBQ by the poolside". You may not want to hear this, but 14-year-olds are still children.

Very much so.

There are numerous things which could easily go wrong at a "BBQ by the poolside" which 14-year-old kids wouldn't be experienced or mature enough to effectively deal with.

*someone could slip (lots of wet, slippery surfaces by the pool...) and seriously injure themselves.. Especially considering HORSEPLAY is going to be a given at a party like this.

*Grilling? Are you serious? Any scenario featuring FIRE needs adult supervision... "Accidents" are called accidents for a reason!

*Possibility of someone drowning. Don't laugh! I was pushed into the deep end of the swimming pool my first year in High School - a Senior was flirting with me -- how was he supposed to know I couldn't swim?|||If you trust him or her than you let them...as long as they know how to cook and burn the place down...it will be ok. (If something happen, ground them saying, "You're not allowed to Graduate) HA hah. I did something like that once and it turn out fine...O.k I got burn by staring the fire because I forget to wash my hands while using cleaning product from before.|||yeah, its crazy. if they have a history, its not ok. it basically comes down to if they are mature enough to handle it or not. and their tendency to be crazy (or not) around friends. but as a general rule, I'd say no.|||I think its not a good idea..sounds like a good thing to do after a whole year of work..&..i would totally do the same thing..But not only 14 year olds thats too young to be left alone..someone could get hurt..Especially around a pool..|||It depends on the 14 year old. It's a judgement call the parents have to make. Some 14 year olds are a lot more responsible than others.|||umm... are they grilling themselves? I don't think it's a good idea to give teenage boys unsupervised access to fire with a lot of their friends there.|||No.
Pool + Fire + 14 year olds = Trouble.

Oh, am I invited?|||We did way crazier things when we were 14 like drink alcohol and go camping on our own. I say go ahead and do it!

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment