Friday, February 3, 2012

I don't like any fat, though I know I will get some on any piece of meat I get. I just want a piece of pork that is great for bbq and has very little fat on it.|||Use a plain pork tenderloin. Very little fat. Easy to cook.|||I make an amazing Pulled Pork using pork shoulder (also known as Boston Butt). It has a little fat on it but when you cook it in the crock pot, the fat will melt away and the fat that doesn't can easily be pulled off after cooking. So go with pork shoulder. It's fairly cheap and available at most butchers. Btw, use Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce when you make it. It's probably the best BBQ sauce. Truly amazing. Just enough smokiness. Here's some info on it.

http://www.viewpoints.com/Sweet-Baby-Ray鈥?/a>

Hope that helps!|||First off, BBQ pork in a crock pot, NO! Second, if you put pork loin in a crock pot you are wasting a tender cut of meat. the point of a crock pot is to make tough meats tender in a short period of time. Third, pork is a very low fat meat as it is and you need fat for flavor. Fourth, BBQ is open flame cooking not a sauce. If you just want to taste BBQ sauce open a bottle and drink. If you want to taste Beautiful BBQ rub a pork butt with brown sugar, Cayenne pepper, thyme, garlic, cummin, salt and pepper and cook it on a grill using indirect heat until it is fork tender.|||I like to use Boneless pork rib. It is a little fatty though. So you can boil the pork in Salt water for about 45 minutes and it tenderizes it and cooks off a great deak of fat. Then crock pot it and smother it with BBQ sauce. For a leaner cut I would also use the loin although it is much more costly.
Enjoy.|||I don't cook very much pork in the crock...But I would agree with the pork tenderloin, and just cut the excess fat off....

Another good meat for the croc is a london broil....Makes great shredded sandwhiches or stroganoff.|||trimmed shoulder boneless.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment