Thursday, February 9, 2012

I have perfected my BBQ sauce and am ready to sell it. How do I begin?|||First you need to check with your local health department and see what their requirements are and then I would begin by going to fairs, Flea Markets and stuff where I could let people have a taste and sell it there. My next step would be to set up my own web site to sell it or see if I could sell it through either e-Bay and/or Craig's List.

WA|||Contact your State Health Department, Department of Agriculture for proper licensing first. You will probably need a co packer to produce it for you in a clean room FDA approved environment. You will need to have labels, and a nutritional info test done.

Original Juan in Kansas City, Ks is a great co packer. They have a whole packet and can help on a lot of the points. They make mine for me. Tell them I sent you. I get nothing for the referral, I just trust them and they have done me well. I do my own labels with another company outside them though.

Contact Jason here,
http://www.originaljuan.com/

Contact Jim here,
http://www.demonpigbbq.com/

Good Luck in a crowded market.|||contact your health department and find out about zoning laws in your area. If youre planning on starting from home and making your sauce at home, you need to see if your city allows you to do that kind of business in you home (a zoning laws tell you what is allowed and what's not allowed in your city or youre area in that city) then, if allowed, get the health department to inspect youre kitchen or wherever you will be making the sauce and have them ok it. I'd register a name for your business with the county recorders for a fee, then I'd make business cards and finally, contact the city or a farmers market and get yourself a permit to sell your product at that location. there might be waiting lists for the flea markets or farmers markets. Trust me I've been wanting to sell my baked goods but the the stupid zoning laws in my area wont allow a baked goods business starting from home. they only allow a home office business in my area. I hope this helps and I hope you have better luck than me.
GOOD LUCK!!!! p.s. I'd love to try your sauce!!! ha ha ha ha!!|||Call your local Small Business Development Center and make an appointment to meet with a small business counselor. If the center is to far, you can correspond by e-mail. They will direct you from start to finish. Small Business Development Centers are located in every state in US. Good luck!

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment