Friday, February 17, 2012

I have tried a lot of different BBQ sauces. Some were great, some not so much. I would like to use a good base sauce, and add my own stuff to it, to make something to fit my own tastes. I would like a sauce that isn't too hard to make, and can be a basis for my own flavor. Any recipes you know of?|||This is the basic one I use and add my own unique ingredients.
Easy BBQ Sauce

And when I say easy...I mean easy!! But great for basting steaks, chops, etc. before grilling.
SERVES 4 , 1/2 cup
Ingredients
1/2 small onion, very finely chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 cup ketchup
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon cider vinegar
2 tablespoons dry mustard
2 tablespoons chili powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
Directions
1. Combine all ingredients& mix very well.
2. Store in refrigerator.
|||ketchup
garlic powder
onion powder
brown sugar
worchesterchire sauce
dry mustard powder
salt
pepper
hot sauce or cayenne pepper
water ( half ketchup half water)
apple cider vinager

That is basic - to that you can add chili powder, cumin, whatever you like to make it your own. To make the sauce add all ingredients, and simmer and reduce to thicken. When I am making a smoked pork butt, or Brisket I add a little of my spice rub to the sauce to keep all the flavors together.
|||BBQ SAUCE

2 tbsp. butter
1 c. water
1 c. ketchup
2 tbsp. vinegar
1 tsp. salt (optional)
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/4 c. onion, finely chopped
2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
2 tbsp. lemon juice
2 tbsp. brown sugar
1 tsp. dry mustard powder

Melt butter. Saute onion until soft. Add remaining 9 ingredients. Simmer for 20 minutes. Makes
|||Everyone has their own secret formula:
1 cup of ketchup, or tomato sauce, or spaghetti sauce,
1/4 cup brown sugar, or 2 tbsp molasses,
2 tbsp white or apple cider vinegar,
2 tbsp mustard powder, or french mustard,
2 tsp smoked paprika, or hickory flavour, or hot sauce.|||Start out with 1 bottle of Russian salad dressing, a small jar of blackberry jelly (can use grape jelly), juice of one lime, and a tablespoonful of Cajun seasoning. Cook over medium heat until everything is blended together. It makes a zingy-sweet base that you can play around with. |||I use tomato sauce as a base.
Think acid balanced with sugar.
Pineapple, Honey, Balsamic vinegar, Horseradish, Garlic, both sweet and yellow onions.
Add what you like.|||2 tsp vinegar
1 tsp prepared mustard
1 cup ketchup
1/2 cup water
2 tbsp brown sugar (optional)

mix together - i use this to make bbq spareribs in the oven|||everytime I try to make BBQ sauce, it never comes out tasting as good as it does in the bottle. i would suggest just saving yourself the trouble and buy it in the bottle. Its yummy for sure that way!|||you can find some recipes here - http://www.dummychef.com

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment