Monday, February 6, 2012

What are your thoughts about having a BBQ wedding reception. We have almost 200 people and this seems to be better for our budget. We have alot of family members and friends, as well, I am expecting 175 to rsv. I have heard of this, but wanted to hear more thoughts.|||I strongly considered this, but the thing that turned me off to it was the mess! I was just so afraid of getting sauce on my dress, or seeing other people get their nice clothes messy. Even if it were "casual" people would still be dressed nicer then usual, and wouldn't want to get stuff on their clothes.

But if you DO decide to do it, build a theme around it. Like - give out bbq sauce favors with a monogram sticker on the bottle or something clever. And try to have something different then the "same old thing" or else it'll be like everyones 4th of july parties. Like exotic flavored sauces and interesting marinades. Maybe a chicken wing buffet or something cool.|||i think it is a great idea. so great that thats what im doing for my wedding. i have never enjoyed sitting through stuffy, formal weddings. I have been to many. My wedding is going to be about all the people i care about getting together and celebrating a happy time in my life. I want them to feel comfortable and have fun. my wedding is going to be causual and outdoor, and so is my reception. im expecting my wedding to be about the same size (150 - 200 guests) And all the money i am going to save on the wedding is going to go to one kick a$$ honeymoon!|||Smitty, as a born and breed Bostonian I have to disagree with you 100%. We get down with some BBQ just like any other part of the world and are always down for a party. Hell, Sam Adams Summer Ale was made for days on the docks with the grill. We may be stuffy but we grill with pride!

I love a casual outdoor BBQ wedding reception, it is fun and messy and best of all relaxed. I have been to 3 weddings so far this "season" and they were all the same. Over dressed, stuffy, standard wedding food, and felt like there was a schedule pinned to the door. Dance at this time, eat at this time, throw bouquet at this time, etc. Boring!! Give me a backyard party any day over that.|||i have gone to a few bbq weddings it isnt super formal. i would invest in nicer plates dont do paper bulk pacage or the styro

http://www.reliablepaper.com/CLASSICWARE鈥?/a> it costs a little more but it has more of a elegant feel to it and go for some better dinner napkins.

also you can do chicken ribs pork chops but look at some higher end hot dogs and burgers some adults and kids would really like that more


and do a few salads and beans to go with it. have fun with it. also if you can afford it mason jars for drinks.|||If the wedding is casual, BBQ makes sense and is a good choice.
If you want a formal wedding, guests are not going to be thrilled eating potentially messy BBQ foods in fancy formal attire.

If you are OK with a more casual wedding, go for the BBQ foods and make sure your guests know that it isn't going to be formal.|||For a casual wedding, I think it sounds lovely (and yummy!). Why not have a non-alcoholic bar with cold drinks such as iced tea, lemonade, punch, etc?

You can also have a different array of hot sauces for people to try (some people really love the stuff!).

BBQs are fun. Add some salads and other non meat dishes (I.e. potatoes) and you have a full range of options for your guests.

Good luck and have a wonderful wedding!|||it's funny.

the northerners think she means barbecuing on the grill, becase they don't know what barbecue is.

the southerners think she means barbecue.

this is hilarious.

edit: she is from texas and she means barbecue. go for it honey, we all like texas southern barbecue.|||For most of the US, this would work.
Boise, Kansas City, Memphis, Birmingham, Charlotte, ....
West, mid-West, & South, especially good.
BBQ is American tradition.
I don't think it'd float in Boston, NYC, Philadelphia.
Those preppy ivy-league types are too stuffy.

HAVE FUN!!!|||It sounds great. I'm from Texas and BBQ is almost always an option on the preferred menu list for weddings. If you and your fiance' really like BBQ than that makes it even more special and personalizes your wedding.|||sounds good i love bbq it doesent matter where it is at it would still be awesome but add some cool touches like dont use paper plates or plastic forks like on the steaks place some rose peddals or something that looks like high class but it is realy just a cookout that would be freakin amazing|||BBQ is YUMMY if you get the right caterer. No one will complain about good BBQ. I think you should also provide ALOT of moist towlettes :) It gets messy.|||I love the idea! Very popular where I'm from, been to many, and it's always a great time, though more on the casual side of things.|||I love it - I know a few people who have done this and raved...they BBQ'd up hot dogs and burgers - and everybody had a good time. I think it's perfect!!|||I marry couples and I have seen this many times

Congratulations|||it seems to casual to me.|||I had one everyone loved it|||Is yours a formal wedding? If so, might be a little tricky to pull off. But sounds delish!!!|||I think it's MESSY!|||Great idea .... go for it

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment