Tuesday, February 14, 2012

i found a nice sounding recipe for BBQ sauce but it calls for cider vinegar, but I don't have any. I am making it tonight, and I am sick so I can't go to the store, but do have White distilled vinegar, Balsamic vinegar, white wine vinegar, and red wine vinegar. can I substitute any of these in the place of cider vinegar?|||White distilled vinegar is often made from cider vinegar - check the label to see if it says what it was distilled from. Of the vinegars you have, I'd use the white distilled vinegar.

There are 2 cups in a pint and 2 pints in a quart, so 2x2 = 4 cups in a quart.|||You can substitute any of them (or go crazy and mix all of them together).

You'll end up with a flavor profile different from just using cider vinegar, but delicious nonetheless.

If you go solely with white/distilled, i'd probably cut it with water -- if it calls for a cup, then 3/4 cup vinegar, 1/4 cup water.

If it were up to me, i'd probably try 1/2 white wine vinegar, 1/2 red wine vinegar. In fact, I think i'm going to try that the next time I make sauce anyhow.

4 cups in a quart.|||I would use Balsamic vinegar as it is the most similar to cider vinegar. Maybe you could ask someone to go to the store for you quick?

There are 4 cups in a quart.|||cider vinegar has a bit of a sweetness and fruitiness that white vinegar does not have.
your best substitution in this case would be either of the wine vinegars.
white vinegar would be third choice.
balsamic would be last.

hope you feel better soon!|||Balsamic vinegar miraculously goes well with meat and BBQ recipe. May be due to the caramelized taste one gets at the end. Have fun.|||White wine vinegar.|||White distilled vinegar is a bit stronger than cider. I'd probably use less of it. The wine vinegars are milder so you could use a bit more of them.|||I'd use the white wine vinegar. It's nearest,

A quart is 4 cups.
.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment