Tuesday, February 14, 2012

After coming home from vacation, I was quite surprised and not at all happy to find a wasp nest being built inside in my BBQ. Yup, lid closed and everything, they still found a way to start one under the "warming rack."

I had to use nest killing chemicals to take care of the problem, but now I have a BBQ with poison all over it. I tried to close it and let the stuff burn off - BIG mistake. What I got were noxious fumes in a rather unnatural color.

So I guess I am going to have to scrub the living daylights out of this and replace the lava rocks. Does anyone have any suggestions to help make sure I make it clean enough to cook on again?|||Of course replace the lava rocks, then remove the grill, place it in a large plastic garbage bag, pour in about a pint of ammonia, tie the bag closed and leave it for a day. The next day remove grill from bag, hose it off and you are ready to go.|||you should have just started it up, put the grill parts and any removable parts in a soap bath in the tub let soak while scrubbing the bottom part, or maybe put dish soap with water in a spray bottle to clean the bottom of barbeque repeat then use plain water to rinse avoiding propane areas|||Your first mistake was spraying the nest with chemicals. You should have just closed the lid and ignited the flame. It would have "cooked" the nest and probably disintegrated it. Anyway, replace the lava rock and scrub it out good. Should be OK.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment