Monday, February 6, 2012

I'm having a surprise 30th birthday picnic for my husband in early June and I'm trying to decide on caterers. Some offer BBQ packages with pulled chicken or BBQ chicken and others offer burgers & hot dogs. I'm leaning towards the burgers & dogs since it's more choice than just the chicken but I wanted to see opinions.|||What's your husband's preference? He's the birthday boy.
I'd prefer burgers and hot dogs because they are easier to eat in hand, generally drip less and if there's a variety of age groups, no one is disappointed.|||I am picky about my food, I only eat white meat chicken and all beef hot dogs - I cannot eat any dark meat chicken as it makes me sick as do chicken/turkey dogs and the chicken cannot have any pink in it so I would go for the burgers unless they are going to be BBQing chicken breasts as well as legs and thighs. Make sure that there are plenty of sides like potato and macaroni salad, coleslaw, toppings for the burgers and dogs, baked beans, pickles, relishes, etc.

SAC|||I would want the BBQ chicken. Most people nowadays are so health conscious about what type of lean beef is used in their burgers and hotdogs usually don't go over that well with adults. Maybe you could see if the caterers will give you just a few burgers and dogs along with the chicken so that you have 3 choices. I just really think people are so health conscious now that the chicken is the best option.|||The problem with BBQ chicken is not everyone can bbq chicken and raw meat is undesirable. So I would go with the burgers and hot dogs. Now if the caterer is going to stand at the bbq and take care of the chicken, then I would say let them prepare it for you. But let them give you a test taste. If it is a good caterer, they will do it.|||If you get the hot dogs & hamburgers, make sure that they're Kosher hot dogs (all beef - and not "mystery meat"). ....and be sure that you have a vegetarian choice too (if there will be a BBQ there, you can BBQ whole portobello mushrooms, and garnish just like you would a hamburger) .... Personally, I'd love to have the pulled chicken, but that may be too limiting to just have one choice...|||Ask them what type of hot dogs they are serving. If they are beef dogs, pork/beef, chicken, or turkey. That may sound like a neurotic question but if someone can't eat beef or pork you should offer them a substitute. More people would be happy with chicken then nothing at all.

I love chicken hotdogs.|||The burgers and hot dogs are easier to eat at a picnic, especially if there is not a lot of table space. It can be difficult to eat bbq chicken at a picnic because you can't really cut it standing up.|||i think burgers and hot dogs would be better but i wouldn't pay for them to be catered you would probably save a lot of money if you just made them yourself and you could make some potato salad and macaroni salad|||Actually I would prefer These Pulled Pork BBQ sandwiches.

http://www.demonpigbbq.com/recipes.html|||i'd rather have burgers and hot dogs. i think its better because of what you said, there's more choice, and i think generally, more people prefer burgers and hot dogs.|||I would rather have a bbq'd boneless skinless chicken breast to make a sandwich with on a hamburger bun. Just remember that some people don't eat beef or processed meat. Every time I throw a bbq I offer all 3 items.|||I would prefer the BBQ chicken but I think the majority of people would go for the hamburgers and dogs.|||Burgers & hot dogs, could always ask for (or make it yourself) bbq chicken wings for diversity.|||Any of the three as long as someone else does the cooking.
(If there are to be children there also, BBQ is messy for them.)|||I say go with the burgers and dogs. Your guest can make them the way they want to.|||if the barbeque sauce is good, but if its kraft i would rather have a hamburger.|||I would go for chicken.|||burgers and hot dogs

火车采集器
  • mortal kombat dlc
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment